Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Next Year

Only 20 minutes left and then I'm officially on Holidays!

I'm excited yet at the same time have this fear I've forgotten to do something at work.
I've taken care of my emails and even remembered to set my Out of Office message, everything should be fine.

This Christmas season has been so busy. Busy with good things but so busy that I don't feel even a little bit of Christmas spirit and I can't believe it's in 6 days. It snuck up on me this year. There's been no time to decorate the tree or go see the Nativity Pageant or go to the Zoo lights (we'll go in January for sure). I haven't done even a little bit of Christmas baking and there were no cards to my neighbors. I'm relieved every night when I can cross tasks off my busy schedule, I've wished away the whole season!

I pledge that next year will be different, it has to be. Even if everything I'm invited to sounds like fun, I can't do everything without feeling rushed and annoyed.

So from this Grinch,

Merry Christmas

I wish you friends and family and treats and gifts and gift giving and game playing and cozy nights with slippers and hot chocolate and skating and anything else you've been hoping to do.
L

0 comments: