Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanksgiving and the Foods I Skip

My brother James is a chef, and not just a run of the mill chef, he makes these incredible dishes and is fun to watch and is really good at what he does. A couple of years ago he managed to make it home for Thanksgiving with his wife and we ate ourselves silly.

Unfortunately there have been some side effects from that one year.

The dinner was especially great. James had improved on Grandpa's stuffing so it was even better than usual. I'm sure there was pecan pie and all sorts of vegetables and the usual turkey and potatoes. I definitely did not stop at pleasantly full.

I don't know who decided it was a good idea but that weekend also included Ribs. These weren't just any ribs though, they were fall off the bone, juicy, yummy ribs, and probably the best I've ever had.

These two meals were eaten very close together.

All would have been fine had I not been hit with the worst case of the flu I've ever had.

To this day I can no longer eat ribs or stuffing.
L

0 comments: