Monday, January 4, 2010

One Last Look

I love this look back from Denise so I'm copying it here.

1. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I was sure I had made some resolutions so I went back in the blog to look and couldn't find any.  I guess I didn't make any last year.  I did make some this year and you can check them out here.  Brad and I have also added a new one, to put together our 72 hour kits.  We have backpacks and a few items for them but not much, it's time to start that agin.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were lots of people I know that gave birth this year, Jolayne brought in baby Bryn, Jane had handsome Russ.  Amanda's Olivia was born, Jody brought in Daniella and Jenny introduced Silas.  I'm sure there were others, it was a good year for babies.  I'm also including myself on this list, it was a pretty life changing event.
 
3. Did anyone close to you die?
  I was blessed this year and I didn't lose anyone close to me, I hope that continues in 2010.

4. What countries did you visit?
I think it's a little sad that I didn't go anywhere in 2009, I spent the whole year in Canada and didn't even travel within Canada.  One day there will be traveling.

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Stable housing.  I would like to go the whole year without moving.

6. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 12.  Life changed forever when Catie made her debut.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having a baby.  It's something I knew would be difficult but was still unprepared for the experience.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Losing baby weight.  I realize it's only been 4 months but oh boy has it ever not gone well.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did suffer a pregnancy related softball injury but it was relatively quick to heal, other than that it was a good health year.

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
The bouncy chair from Michelle.  It gives Catie time to play and me time to get stuff done.  I was also really lucky and generous people gave me a lot of really cute clothes for Catie.

11. Where did most of your money go?
More than half of my income disappeared when I went on maternity leave.  Brad's entire income disappeared when he quit his job to got to school.  The rest of our money has gone towards food and housing costs.  

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When I found out I was pregnant, that was really exciting.  I was really excited when we lined up housing in Lethbridge, sadly that housing fell through.  Our new house has some downsides but we've mostly been happy here.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?

My Life Would Suck Without You.  I realize it's cheesy and not very eloquent but there's something about it that makes you want to dance.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I was really blessed to have a great last year, I'm just as happy this year.
b) fatter or skinner? Far fatter.  I blame Catie but if I'm honest I should probably blame all the dessert I eat.
c) richer or poorer? Most definitely poorer. See #11.

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Eaten more vegetables.
 
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend time at a job that I hated.

17. Did you fall in love in 2009?

I fell in love with Catie.  The love I feel for her is so different than anything else and I can't imagine life without her.

18. What was your favourite TV program?
Till Debt do us Part or maybe Rich Bride Poor Bride

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I'm so grateful that I don't

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Matt Nathanson

21. What was your favourite film of this year?

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog.

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
28. Dinner with my best friend, it was just what I wanted.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I'm having a hard time coming up with something because it was a pretty good year.  I suppose owning our own house would have been really nice, that would have eliminated some of the less good things.  

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Maternity Wear

25. What kept you sane?
Brad

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I really love Lindsay Price.  I don't think she's done anything particularly awesome but there's something really appealing about her.  

27. Who do you miss?

  Arvid and Jolayne.  Since moving to Lethbridge we don't get to spend as much time with them.  We were really lucky and just spent 5 days with them over Christmas and it was so much fun!

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Catie!  She sure fills up my day.

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?

Motherhood is an amazing gift and I'm so blessed to be part of her life.

I promise, I really did do my best to not make this all about Catie but she really does take up just about all of my thoughts.
L

1 comments:

Amanda said...

What a nice post! I can tell you love being a mother and that you are a wonderful one! Being a mother is such an amazing experience. Catie is a lucky girl to have joined your family.