Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Treats for Gifting

Christmas this year was busy with Eden so I had only planned on the basics, meaning I had no intention of giving away and treats.  But then we had a good night and I felt inspired, I came up with these.

Ever since I got my Silhouette I've been wanting to make a box, I think they're adorable and this was the perfect reason.  I used this box from the silhouette store and it was just what I wanted.  It cuts the shape for you and scored the lines were you need to fold so assembly was super quick.

Once they were made I filled them with store bought truffles (at least I had something to fill them with).  I tied them with a ribbon, using different paper and different ribbon for each box.

Then I used my sketch pens and my Silhouette to make some little tags, they say Merry Christmas from the Wiebe's.  Here's the sad part of the story though... I think I made 6 boxes and we ended up giving away 2.  Oops.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts.


My favourite part of the box was the detail on the flap.

They turned out so great that I think I'll try to do something similar next year.

0 comments: